Zanzibar Wedding Documentation Requirements
Terms & ConditionsCivil ceremonies must be held in the morning and on weekdays only. Civil Wedding will take place on the beach with the Regional Commissioner coming to the hotel to perform the ceremony; however, in the event that this is not possible it will be necessary to go to the Regional Commissioners Office. Upon returning to the hotel, there will be a symbolic ceremony on the beach with a decorated canopy. In this event, the couple will have to exchange their own symbolic vows. All outdoor and beach activities are dependent on tides and weather. We recommend that the bride & groom book a Superior Deluxe room during the wedding. All documentation for the wedding must be received within 28 days of the wedding ceremony.
REGIONAL COMMISSIONER WEDDING REQUIREMENTS:Need to provide the following in a document certified by a Public Notary:
1. Application letter (must be in English and signed by both parties) indicating that both applicants are single and want to marry in Zanzibar (extremely important) with the intended date of marriage. This document should include the following information: domicile, birth registration information, names, birth dates and birthplace of parents.
2. Two photocopies of your passports
3. Two passport photographs
4. Birth certificates
ANGLICAN WEDDING REQUIREMENTS:1. Birth Certificate
2. Certificate of Baptism. (This is essential for all church weddings)
3. A statement that both the bride and groom are single
4. A letter from their parish indicating that the parish has no objection to the marriage
5. Two photocopies of your passports
6. Two passport photographs
CATHOLIC WEDDING REQUIREMENTS:1. Birth Certificate
2. Letter of consent from the parents (or other family elder if the parents are deceased)
3. Letter from their parish indicating that the guests have fulfilled all requirements for to the marriage within the Catholic Church and that the parish has no objections to the marriage. This should also indicate that they have received their 1st Communion as well as Confirmation.
4. Two photocopies of your passports
5. Two passport photographs
The above mentioned packets of information should be addressed to:
Little Waterham Farm