Why visit South Africa?
South Africa is an exhilarating, spectacular and complex country; an adventure seekers paradise. The striking mountains, glorious beaches, enchanting vineyards, rugged landscapes and wonderful fauna and flora combine to offer visitors endless choices. It lies between 22 and 35 degrees south of the equator; flanked on the west by the Atlantic Ocean and on the east by the Indian Ocean, these waters meet at the country's most southern tip, Cape Agulhas.
This is a destination that can comfortably be visited any time of year. June to September is cooler and ideal for outdoor activities, and spring is the best time to see wildflowers carpets. Whether you choose to take an exciting wildlife safari in search of the 'Big Five', explore the thriving city of Cape Town or hike in the Drakensburg mountains, South Africa will never disappoint.
According to a recent survey by South African Tourism the top ten tourist attractions are:
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront, Western Cape
- Cape Point, Western Cape
- Table Mountain, Western Cape
- The Wine Route, Western Cape
- The Garden Route, Western Cape
- Kruger National Park, Mpumalanga
- Durban Beachfront, KwaZulu Natal
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden, Western Cape
- Whale Watching, Western Cape and KwaZulu Natal
- Robben Island, Western Cape